Monday, June 6, 2011

Chloe's Story Part II

I had been living on Maui for almost a year and started to think about getting a dog. I don't know how serious I was, but I found myself looking at the pet section on craigslist almost everyday. When I saw the picture Cynthia and Jim had put up of Chloe on Craigslist I was hooked. At first I didn't realize that she had only three legs, I was distracted by the sweet look on her face. As I read the post and learned Chloe's story I knew I had to meet her. I immediately contacted the Lippert's and set up a time to meet Chloe. Later that week I headed to the South side to meet Chloe. It was love at first sight. After the initial visit, the Lippert's wanted me to take Chloe home for an overnight stay to see how it worked out. My parents also happened to be in town and all three of us fell in love with Chloe. And that was that, I took Chloe back to the Lippert's so I could make up my mind whether or not I wanted to adopt her. There was no question, Chloe was going to be my dog.
Chloe was always an inspiration to me from day one. I never realized how big of an impact she would have on others. People come up to me all the time telling me what an inspiration Chloe is and how amazing she is. I think the biggest thing Chloe has taught me is to not complain about the small things in life. Whenever I am having a hard day or feel like I want to complain about something, I look at her and immediately change my way of thinking. Chloe has never once complained about any of her injuries.
Chloe has been going strong on her three legs, even after we moved back to Chicago, but unfortunately she had another accident about a month ago. She was playing with our neighbor's dog, who happens to also be her best friend. And true to Chloe's character, all she wants to do is play with this dog. While she was playing with him, she landed awkwardly on her front leg, and the other dog landed on top of her. She ended up breaking her leg in two different spots, which required surgery. Her surgical procedure went very well, but it has taken a little longer for her leg to heal. We are hoping the cast will come off within the next month. So everyone keep their fingers crossed! Overall, Chloe is doing very well and is eager to get back to the dog park to play with all her friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment